Now, I know that gravy isn’t a dish per se, but once you have this, all you need is an American biscuit or English muffin, and maybe a fried egg, and you’ve got yourself a breakfast or a hangover snack! Plus, this gravy works well as a sauce to grilled chicken as well.
Ingredients (serves 1)
150 g longanisa (any will do but I recommend Vigan), skins removed
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp all purpose flour
300 ml whole milk
salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, saute the longanisa meat and dried thyme for 2 minutes, breaking up any large chunks.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Pour in the milk and stir well. Lower the heat and let simmer until the gravy gets to the thickness you desire.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with fried egg and biscuit or English muffin.