What an honor it was to meet and cook for the great Lani Misalucha. The dish I made for her was a nod to her groundbreaking and successful series of show in Las Vegas. I modified the recipe for clams casino and this breadcrumb topping will go great on everything, from scallops, to clams to even chicken. This will become your go to, I promise.
Ingredients (serves 2 - 3)
800 g whole salmon fillet, skin removed
11/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch thick disks
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a saute pan, combine olive oil (set aside 2 tbsps) and bacon. Turn on the heat to low, to allow the bacon to slowly release the oil. Cook for 2 minutes or until bacon is light brown.
- Add in minced garlic and butter and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the breadcrumbs and cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season one side of the salmon with salt and pepper. Place the salmon, seasoned side down on a baking sheet.
- Top the salmon with the breadcrumb mixture. Be generous. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until salmon is cooked.
- Meanwhile, sate the zucchini slices in the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon with the zucchini slices on the side.