When I first saw the Eton Mess being made, I couldn’t believe there was a dish that combined so many of my favorite ingredients together in a relatively simple dish. Here is my more tropical version of the dish. As always I encourage substitutions, so you may use any fruit available in season, as long as you think it goes well with cream. I suggest anything from avocados to bananas, peaches to nectarines and even local fruit like duhat or macopa. Whatever you like!
Ingredients (serves 2)
3 large mangoes
12-16 small meringue cookies
2 packs all purpose cream (chilled)
2 green kiwis
- Remove the meat from all of the mangoes.
- Slice 2 mangoes into small cubes and set aside.
- Chop the remaining mango into very small pieces. Mix in with the chilled cream, crushing it.
- Slice the kiwi into small cubes.
- In a clear cup or bowl, layer a small amount of the mango cream, top with mango and kiwi cubes and meringue cookies. Cover with remaining mango cream.
- Decorate the top with remaining mango and kiwi cubes.
- Serve chilled.