Sure, I am mostly known to cook meat (especially bacon), but I do have vegetarian friends and I love the challenge of cooking vegetable dishes that are tasty. My vegetarian take on a Filipino classic, Pancit Canton, is perfect for the warm Filipino weather as it is an awesome summertime dish.
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 cups egg noodles, cooked and cooled
8 shitake mushrooms, cut into strips
1 carrot, cut into strips
12 snow peas, cut into strips
1/2 head of cabbage, cut into strips
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
3 calamansi, juiced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine sweet chili sauce, calamansi and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Add in the noodles and toss. Let stand.
- In a saute pan, saute all the vegetables, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook them through but keep the vegetables crisp.
- Add the veggies into the noodles and toss again.
- Sprinkle cilantro leaves all over the salad and serve at room temperature.