I was pleased to find so many kinds of sweet potato and coconut products at Hijo Resorts Davao, so I couldn’t resist making a Filipino snack or dessert. Of course, one kind of sweet potato will do, and you don’t have to find all 3.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 each of Orange, Yellow and White Sweet Potato, peeled
2 cups tapioca pearls (sago), cooked
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup water
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup shredded coconut
nata de coco for garnish
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Place in a bowl with water to to wash away the starch.
2. In a pot combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of coconut sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Add the sweet potatoes into the pot and simmer until tender.
4. Once sweet potatoes are cooked, add in the pearls and the coconut milk. Sitr well for 1 minute.
5. Serve the soup with the coconut meat and nata de coco for garnish.