Ingredients (serves 6 to 8)
1 kg salmon fillet, boneless and skinless
1 cup squash, cut into small cubes
6 stalks okra, cut into small disks
2 eggplants, cut into small cubes
4 stalks string beans, cut into small cubes
2 cloves minced garlic
4 tbsps Bagoong (spicy)
1 cup water
½ cup cream
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water
- In a pot, saute the vegetables over high heat for 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in bagoong and saute a minute more. Pour in water and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the puff pastry sheets to elongate them, making sure the fish is smaller.
- Place on fillet in the middle of 1 pastry sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Place the cooked vegetables on top, leaving the liquid in the pot.
- Brush the edge of the pastry sheet and then place the second sheet over everything, forming a large ravioli. Trim the edges and then brush the whole pastry with egg.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees C for 25-30 minutes until fish is cooked and pastry is golden.
- Meanwhile, finish the sauce by adding more bagoong (to taste) to the cooking liquid and then add in the cream. Serve sauce on the side.