I have vegetarian and vegan friends, believe it or not. Kidding aside, I do enjoy cooking meatless recipes from time to time and this one’s pretty easy and pretty delicious. It’s also a great way to use up odds and ends. I used kang kong, but really any cooked vegetable leftovers would do well here.
Ingredients (serves 6)
8 large eggs
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups kang kong leaves or other leafy greens
2 tbsps olive oil
salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream cheese. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- In a cast iron or oven proof pan, saute the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant.
- Add in kang kong leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix well.
- Cook the eggs in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve the with toasted garlic bread.