Ingredients (serves 4)
8 pcs suahe shrimp
1 cantaloupe melon
1 can of fiesta fruit cocktail
4 maraschino cherries
2 egg yolks
1 tsp Chinese mustard
125 ml vegetable oil
400 ml oil for frying
1 cup flour
- In a mixer (or by hand), mix together egg yolks, mustard, salt and pepper. While mixing slowly pour in 125 ml oil to form a mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Slice melon in half and keep ½ as the container. Slice the other half into cubes.
- Mix all the fruits together with 3 tbsps of mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Keep cool in ref.
- In a wok, heat up oil.
- Season shrimp and place them in flour and then beaten egg and back to the flour again.
- Fry shrimp in oil until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble salad by placing the fruit mixture into the half melon and top with the fried shrimp.