Once I checked Mariel de Leon’s Instagram feed, I immediately knew what to cook for her. She posted about how much she missed eating Cacio e Pepe, and I immediately got to work on my version of the recipe. Of course, I don’t claim to be a pasta expert, but I say this one’s pretty good.
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1 cup pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
200 g linguine or spaghetti
- In a sauce pan, heat up the oil with freshly cracked black pepper. Shut off the heat once the oil starts fry the peppercorns.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, some salt, the olive oil and 2 tbsps of the pasta cooking water.
- Once cooked, add the pasta to the bowl of cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Before serving, garnish the pasta with more grated cheese and cracked pepper to taste.