You know how everything tastes better with a fried egg on top? Well, it works with pasta too! You can replace the bacon with other meat, but something about egg and bacon that is a can’t miss. Mushrooms would be a good addition here too.
Ingredients (serves 4)
8 slices of bacon, sliced into strips
8 stalks mini asparagus, cut into 4
1 clove of garlic, minced
250 grams cooked fettucine or linguine noodles
½ cup milk
250 ml all purpose cream
50 g parmesan cheese
4 eggs, fried sunny side up
1 tbsp olive oil
salt, cayenne and pepper
- In a saute pan, cook the bacon and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant.
- Add in the asparagus and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in milk and cream. Season with salt, cayenne and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss with the parmesan cheese.
- Garnish each pasta serving with a fried egg on top and more black pepper.